When Magento 2.0 was released in November 2015, the industry showed an initial reluctance towards the adoption – they were already using a very powerful eCommerce development tool in Magento. As such, the idea of migration to its newer version appeared more as a technological vogue.
The timeline enters into 2016, and encouraged by the migration success of early adopters—your Venroy, Alcatel, Scuf Gaming, etc.—the ecommerce industry endeared the practice.
Today,are using the technology of Magento 2.0 to help manage and grow their eCommerce stores, after leveraging the platform to initially build one.
What accounts for this wide scale adoption?
We called in our research miners to explore the reason.
Magento 2.0 is Simply Much Faster
It has been found that Magento 2.0 runs 20 percent faster than its predecessor. Faster means, better site uploading and navigation speed, which accounts for improved online consumer experience. And, when you talk about operating a business in the digital world, the difference in performance can make a big difference.
According to, a 1 second delay in page response time can result in a 7% reduction in conversions.
The team at Magento verifies the improved performance metrics declaring that the platform is able to process one hundred and thirty-five thousand more orders per hour, with the most noticeable improvements found during the uploading of catalogue pages and checkout processes.
What Makes It Faster?
Magento 2.0 Helps Your eCommerce Website Rank Higher on SERPs
For B2B and B2C industry players, it is very important to get themselves ranked as higher as possible on SERPs to help generate organic online traffic. It creates revenue generating opportunities.
The new Magento upgrade helps address this.
Serving as one of the key Magento 2.0 improvements, the platform comes equipped with some amazing features that allow webmasters to leverage solutions in order to get their websites ranked higher on SERPs.
What are These Features?
Magento 2 comes with default SEO features that can help your e-store rank better on Google. Some of these include:
- The ability to design pages on well structured HTML and the feature to optimize content’s meta details and meta data.
- The freedom to customize flat URLs as per product name and category
- Integration of product names as alt tags for the images, present on a webpage.
- Webmasters can execute canonical tagging of categories, which helps avoid the duplication of content, thereby lessening the incidence of thin content.
Magento 2.0 Offers a Comprehensive Ecosystem for the eCommerce Store to Operate In
The Magento development team has focused on integrating all the essential elements that make up a comprehensive ecosystem for the eCommerce store to operate in.
- Users can establish different data sets for every catalog and content, which accounts for a detailed and customized layout.
- It offers the flexibility to integrate CMS, CRM, checkout modules and other plug-ins and extensions for convenient operation of the eCommerce store. Plus, if you want to activate or deactivate any of the modules, you can conveniently execute the function without disrupting the code base.
- It creates a safe and secured environment for conducting online transactions with a robust server validation system and a strengthened hashing algorithm for passwords.
- An Elastic Search system which enables customers to find products quickly and efficiently.
With the features and benefits mentioned above, it won’t be wrong to conclude that the, Magento 2.0, has the capability to help structure an eCommerce store that comes equipped with all the necessary value added elements and features, for its operation to be robust and flexible.