has announced that the latest version of Community edition which is 1.9.1 is now available to download. The latest version comes with a host new and improved features for better shopping experience. We have highlighted some of important features for version 1.9.1.
- Better site speed performance and security: Magento Community Edition 1.9.1 works with MySQL 5.6 and PHP 5.5. This is a good update as MySQL 5.6 is a great enhancement and offers merchants improved site speed and scalability, reduced memory usage while PHP 5.5 provides security improvements and ensures merchants have continued access to PHP code updates.
- Responsive Design Improvements: This is a major update toward mobile compatibility, the latest version responsive design reference theme includes all core Magento features, including gift registries, downloadable products, multiple wish lists, add-to-cart by SKU, and private sales. Even default email templates are responsive now and can be easily viewed on any device.
- Configurable Swatches: Configurable swatches help you optimize the way products are presented on your site. New “swatch” capabilities make products more appealing—and boost conversion rates—by offering shoppers quick access to information, like available colors, fabrics, sizes, and more. Clicking on a swatch automatically updates the product image so shoppers see exactly what a color or fabric looks like, giving them confidence to proceed with their purchase.
- In case of lost password, there is a security enhancement, to change their password, a Magento administrator must first enter their existing password.
- Check out with PayPal and PayPal Credit buttons now display on product pages for gift cards and dynamic bundled products.
- The Zend Framework version has been updated to 1.12.7.