Finally our list of Best One step Checkout Magento Extensions is out. A lot of new and impressive one step checkout Magento extensions have came out in the marketplace this year. Some have great reviews while others are just a part of the crowd. Here is a list of the some of the impressive checkout Magento extensions.
1. Leading the pack is One Step Checkout
- OSC offers checkout on a single page seamlessly.
- This extension comes with all 3 editions Standard, Professional and Enterprise. The Professional and Enterprise editions fully supports the Professional and Enterprise edition of the Magento ecommerce platform. The Enterprise license allows for use on unlimited domains (within the same company), while Standard and Professional edition only allows use on a single domain. OSC combines all six Magento steps into one and removes all unnecessary fields and questions.
- Data fields are also dynamically updated via AJAX. Overall the best extension in it’s class.
2. Quick One Page Checkout
Quick One Page Checkout is another convenient and super fast one page checkout. When Customers change checkout information, other Sections like Shipping, Payment method, Order review will be auto-updated on the one step checkout page. This express one page checkout supports all kinds of popular ordering options and can integrate with any payment methods. It works very well in all popular browsers.
- Checkout process much simpler and quicker
- Provides ability to review your order before hitting place order.
3. One Step Checkout For Magento
One Step Checkout For Magento comes from Magestore, a popular name in extension design community.
- Creates a professional responsive one page checkout with your brand color
- Includes the exclusive Google Suggest function to auto-fills customers address on one page checkout
- Provide many additional functions at onepage checkout including delivery time, Copuons, Gift messaging or Gift wrapping
However if these extensions still don’t suffice your requirement or you need a custom one page checkout extension, contact us and we can create customized powerful Magento extensions.
Did you lost or Forgot your Magento admin password and not able to log in now? The easiest solution to recover Magento admin password is change it via MySQL database through phpmyadmin area.
Since follow these basis steps and you should be able to do the trick:
- Log on to your cPanel or Plesk to access your MySQL database
- Go to phpmyadmin area and look for your website database
- Look for the table ‘admin_user’ and click on browse
- Click on the SQL tab in order to be able to execute the following MySQL query:
- UPDATE `admin_user` SET `password` = MD5(‘NEWPASSWORD’) WHERE `username` = ‘ADMINUSERNAME’;
- You can now edit value of username and password
- Use the function as MD5 to encrypt the value of password
- Save it and you are done
Log into your admin with new username and password
If you need further Magento support, contact our team for a suitable quote
Magento being one of the best ecommerce platform offers hundreds of great extensions which are great for SEO and Marketing. We have compiled a list of some of the most popular and downloadable Magento extensions used by ecommerce companies worldwide.
Fooman Google Analytics +
One of the best downloaded extensions Fooman Google Analytics provides additional features and advanced analytic for the default Google Analytics module including comprehensive sales funnel by tracking every step of the checkout process by pinpointing precisely where potential customers are ‘dropping off’ during the checkout process. This is a Free Extenion
Pagination is recommended by Google Webmaster team and this extension allows you to implement Google recommendations to target pagination issues in SEO with rel=”next” and rel=”prev” markup tags. Category pages of your store will be optimized for most search engines robots. This extension cost $99.00
Simple Google Shopping
Simple Google Shopping allows you to export a valid and well structured data flow of your products from your Magento web-site to your Google Merchant account. You can also create csv, txt and xml data feeds for any search engines, shopping engines or market places.
Creare HTML Sitemap for SEO
Sitemap is very useful for indexing your site and letting the search engines bots know which page to index. Creare create simple HTML sitemaps for your website in cascading style and make sure all your site categories are indexed properly. This sitemap is SEO friendly and is intended to replace the default Magento paginated sitemap. It lists all of your CMS pages and also a few static pages that need a mention.
If you are looking to develop Magento Custom Extensions, contact us for a quote.
Adding a Watermark to your products on your Magento website would discourage copy cats and unscrupulous elements to copy your images on their own website. Now adding a Watermark using Photoshop would be big hassle and you can’t do that if you have thousands of Products. Don’t worry, Magento has the solution for you and we are here to help you.
To add product image watermark, simply follow these steps:
Go to Admin panel and select System > Configuration. In the Configuration panel on the left, under General, select Design.
Click to expand the Product Image Watermarks section. Then, complete the following steps for each image type (Base Image, Small Image, and Thumbnail):
Enter the Watermark Default Size, in pixels. For example, 200 x 300.
Enter the Watermark Opacity, as a percentage. For example, .40.
Click the Browse button and select the watermark image file to upload.
Set the Watermark Position to one of the following:
- Top/Left or Top/Right
- Bottom/Left or Bottom/Right
When complete, click the Save Config button.
Created another clean beautiful Magento based ecommerce website for Sunwing Dutyfree airlines.
Magento 1.8 has been launched. Time to upgrade to 1.8? No wait, the is very new upgrade and make sure all your extensions compatible to Magento version1.8 else you would be in big trouble. here is small checklist:
1. Make sure all your extensions are compatible to magento 1.8 version. If not ask the support team to develop one asap.
2. Any custom coding done on Magento 1.7 and previous versions would be wipped out, so make sure you track all the edits and accordingly make changes before upgrade
3. make sure your Server is supporting Magento 1.8, some people had issues as their servers were not supporting the previous versions of Magento and MySQL versions.
4. Wait until a service pack or updated version of Magento 1.8 is released. This way you would avoid facing lot of new issues which goes undetected in Magento’s testing labs.
Check out our latest website in Magento for a leading pool supply discount website in Toronto. Complete custom design, development and Magento integration with custom shipping options. Please check the website at http://discountpoolsupply.com/
Magento Gold Industry Partner Canada Post is holding their second annual Canada Post E-commerce Innovation Awards event on September 25th in Toronto to recognize Canada’s leading online retailers—and reward the best of them with $1 million worth of total prizes!
These awards are exclusively devoted to finding and honouring and rewarding Canada’s best e-commerce innovators.
See the details here
You could win !1000,000 in parcel shipping
$50,000 in direct marketing and more
$40,000 marketing prize package*
How to Apply:
- Determine which category (or categories) your company is eligible for.
- Download the appropriate PDF application form(s):
- Fill out the form(s). Remember to save as you go!
- Attach completed application form(s) to an email and send to email@example.com
A lot of customers are still confused about whether to go with Magneto Go or Magento Community version. Magento Community Edition is a free open source software and can be downloaded from http://www.magentocommerce.com/ website.
Magento Go is a hosted solution is a useful for very small business and start ups. Magento Go has currently 5 different per month pricing plans including a free trial plan which can hold up to 100 SKUs. Other monthly plans are as follows:
- Get Going: price $ 15 per month, 100 SKUs, 3 Admin Logins, 1 Language, 200MB Storage, 4GB Bandwidth
- Going Places: price $ 15 per month, 500 SKUs, 10 Admin Logins, 1 Language, 500MB Storage, 8GB Bandwidth
- Go Beyond: price $ 15 per month, 1,000 SKUs, 20 Admin Logins, 3 Language,800MB Storage,16GB Bandwidth
- Go Anywhere: price $ 15 per month, 10,000 SKUs, 30 Admin Logins, 3 Language, 5GB Storage, 32GB Bandwidth
Magento Go comes with pre-designed templates or themes and comes integrated with online payment etc. The biggest disadvantage with the hosted solution is however the ability to customize or use your solutions. This is hosted solution so you can host your site on your own server. Offcource with monthly price tag, technical support is included.
Magento Community version
Magento Community version is an open source software and is free to download and very customization. Being the most popular open source eCommerce software, it has thousands of extensions which makes it the best model for a start up or small to medium business eCommerce solutions. Since this is not a hosted solution, you would need to rent out a server to host your website, plus there is no technical support on it. However Magento Community edition is what most magneto developers prefer since it gives a lot of room for creativity and customization.
Unlike Go version, you can have unlimited products, unlimited categories and no bandwidth limit if you have a good server. Security might be an issue as Community by default is not PCI compliant but it can be made to. Community Edition does not have Payment bridges but there are ample other ways to achieve PCI compliance. Community version is also best suited for B2B while Go version does have these capabilities. meaning, if you plan to sell to other businesses, you might have limitations with Go but not community version. Overall as a Magneto development team, we recommend using Community version if give more flexibility for development and is more Scalable for future growth.
1. How to reset Magento admin password:
This is a common problem faced by our customers. Here is how to do this: To change your Magento admin password, go to your cPanel > phpMyAdmin, select your Magento database, click the SQL tab and use the following query:
UPDATE admin_user SET password=CONCAT(MD5(‘sGnewpass’), ‘:sG’) WHERE username=’AdminUsername’;
Note: You have to change newpass in the MD5(‘sGnewpass‘) with your new password, and change *AdminUsername* to your Magento admin username.
Run the query by clicking the Go button and your password will be changed.
How to clear the Magento cache:
Magento is pretty on server resources and therefore it is important to flush the cache to keep the site stable and fast. Here is how you do that:
How to speed up your Magento Website:
As mentioned, magneto uses a lot of resources and sometimes you see that your Magento site is tad slow. You can always enable Compilation function and this would increase the page speed considerable. You can enable Magento Compilation from your Magento admin panel > System > Tools > Compilation.
You can also use Speed performance extensions such as Fooman Speedster, Nitrogento,
PageCache powered by Varnish, M-Turbo – E-Commerce Accelerator and other popular extenions.