Us-Cert has confirmed that Joomla has released an updated version 3.4.7 to address two vulnerabilities. According to the website, exploitation of one of these vulnerabilities may allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected website. immediately upon releasing new patches, Joomla released another version called 3.4.8 fixes. This was released to fix some browser that had popped up in version 3.4.7.
Here is the latest update
- Users were unable to edit or create items after the 3.4.7 update
- Fatal error about connection->stat() not existing on external database connections
- After session timeout users could still navigate the backend but without being able to create/edit items or use pagination/filters
Users can download the latest Joomla version upgrade here.
For more information and Joomla support, please contact us.
Joomla! 3.4.5 is now available for download. with this release Joomla had addressed a critical SQL injection vulnerability and includes additional security hardening of the UploadShield system.
Security Issues Fixed
- High Priority – Core – SQL Injection (affecting Joomla 3.2 through 3.4.4)
- Medium Priority – Core – ACL Violations (affecting Joomla 3.2 through 3.4.4)
- Medium Priority – Core – ACL Violations (affecting Joomla 3.0 through 3.4.4
Joomla recommends all it’s users to all users update their website at the earliest to avoid any hack attack. The new patches for Joomla upgrade can be downloaded here.
Joomla 3.2 is the latest and newest version of Joomla and comes with a host of new and improved features including mobile/responsive support. Joomla 2.5 was the older version and Joomla officially recommends this to be officially installed for security and enhanced features. Joomla 2.5 is the recommended version for existing Joomla 1.6-2.5 sites. It focuses on stability and will be supported into 2014.
Need help installing or updating Joomla
- The new Joomla includes great features including
- Built-in Joomla! Extensions Finder
- Content version control
- Mobile responsiveness support
- Increased security with strong passwords and two step authentication
- Enhanced user interface improvement
We would like to inform you about a recently discovered security vulnerability in the content management system Joomla!. This vulnerability may enable attackers to upload files to web servers.
All versions up to 2.5.13 as well as 3.1.4 and earlier 3.x versions are affected. If you are currently using an older version of Joomla! for managing your homepage, we strongly advise you to upgrade to the safe
versions 2.5.14 or 3.1.5 immediately. These versions can be found at http://www.joomla.org/download.html
If you have any issues with Joomla hacks or security issues, we can help you.
Additional information is available at